WIL and EL Student of the Year Awards
The EWO WIL/EL Student of the Year Award recognizes the achievement of one University student and one College student engaged in Work-Integrated Learning.
The WIL/EL Student of the Year Award is presented to one student (or group) attending a university and one student (or group) attending a college, who have showcased exceptional job/community/project achievement, extra-curricular involvement, and a strong contribution to Work-Integrated/Experiential Learning.
The winning student receives an award of $750.
Are You Eligible?
EWO institutions are asked to nominate up to two candidates that exemplify the qualities of an exceptional WIL/EL student.
To be eligible, the student must:
Be nominated by an individual from an EWO member institution or a participating co-op employer.
Be a full-time student in an undergraduate, graduate, diploma, advanced diploma, or certificate program at the institution.
Complete the nominated work term within the calendar year.
EWO requests that each institution or employer may nominate no more than three candidates and where possible, the nominees should be from different programs.
Selection Points Criteria:
Nomination Package Checklist:
Please ensure that the Nomination Package contains all the following documents, in the following order:
All nomination materials must be submitted by email no later than January 30, 2022.
Please submit the files above in one PDF file to the Chair of the EWO Co-op Student of the Year Award Committee, at email@example.com with the subject line “College/University Name_Student Name_Nomination for WIL Award”.
Instructions For Submitting a Nomination
Please cover the following points in your statement. Where possible please be specific in your examples and offer any insight you may have on the student’s work habits and character:
Employer / Community Partner Nomination
- The student’s (or group’s) duties/responsibilities;
- The student’s (or group’s) performance in comparison to your expectations or in comparison to other WIL/EL students;
- Any outstanding work/community/project achievements (cost savings, process/quality improvements, design/development innovations, improved customer service, significant research or other initiatives etc.);
- How this student or group, or WIL/EL students in general, have benefited your department / company / community.
- The student’s (or group’s) achievement in the WIL/EL program;
- Any achievements, awards, and extracurricular activities that you feel are worthy of mention;
- The student’s (or group’s) activities in support of WIL/EL education
Any insights on the student’s (or group’s) personal qualities you feel warrant consideration.
- Describe how work-integrated learning has enhanced your career development, personal development, and academic experience;
- Your involvement in extra-curricular activities at school and/or how you have given back to the community.
If you have never signed a document using a digital ID in Adobe Reader before, you can view this link for more details. Please be aware that once the form is signed, all fields will become read-only and no new edits will be allowed.